Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Big Bear Lake Fishing

I have lived permanently here in Big Bear Lake since 1985 and fishing this lake since 1956. That was when my Grandfather (Richard Beavers) brought me here and introduced me to the sport of fishing. Since 1985, I have become a much better fisherman and know this lake like the back of my hand. In fact so much, I have been nicknamed " Big Bear Dave".
In 1994 I had the pleasure of fishing everyday. I would religiously write my fishing totals for the day on my list attached to my fridge. I caught over 2,000 Rainbow Trout and over 2,000 Large Mouth Bass before I stopped counting.
I took the first seven places for the largest Bass caught all year long. That year, awarded me the title of "Bassmaster". Actually because of the warmer weather the trout fishing had slowed almost to a crawl, so I took up Bass fishing.
I still live here because computers and fishing are my life hobbies and fishing here is like fishing in a barrel. In this Blog I have started subjects for most fish here and tackle to use for Big Bear Lake. Remember this is just for the lake here that I know works well.

No comments: